Winter in Telluride
Telluride is truly a winter wonderland… as a ski destination, our cozy hamlet also provides a variety of other outdoor sporting opportunities. Consider taking a day off the world class Telluride ski slopes to enjoy some of these other winter opportunities:
- Sledding in Telluride Town Park on “Fire Cracker Hill”
- Ice skating in Telluride Town Park on the outdoor pond or indoor Hanley Rink
- Nordic or skate-ski on several groomed trails: Telluride Town Park, Telluride Valley Floor, or 20 minutes out of Telluride at beautiful Priest Lake or Trout Lake on the Galloping Goose railway grade.
- Adventure off the beaten track on snowshoes
- Contact Telluride outdoor expedition outfitters for ice climbing, snowmobiling, and dog-sledding adventures
- Take the gondola to Mountain Village to sip hot cocoa and warm your toes by the public fire pits in the Village Core
- Get a relaxing and rejuvenation hot stone massage by Alessandra Massage, at your location or in my warm and welcoming studio at the base of Lift 7 in Telluride.
Snowshoes, sleds, Nordic and skate-skis, and ice skates can all be rented at the Telluride Nordic Center in Telluride Town Park in the east end of Telluride.